Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Breakfast with Writers

 
 
Breakfast with Writers
Desayuno con los Escrituros

Our parents started arriving at 7:30 and they quickly settled in and begin listening to their children's stories. It was a real collaboration between students and parents.   Some parents helped with  typing while others listened to the students stories. 







Some students were on their first draft, some were revising, others were editing while some typed their stories

Students share their writing pieces with their parents, grandparents and friends.




Parents helped with publishing, listening to stories and they share a good laugh.
 Our families play a critical role in the stories that our students write.   Even the smallest of events can become some of the most vivid stories in our classroom.



 
 







The students act out three characters from Bridge to Terabithia.  One character was angry, one was sneaky and one was as still as a mouse.  Can you tell which is which?

7 comments:

  1. I had fun at Breakfast for Writers because I got to share my stories with my parents. Also my mom and Juan told me that they had hold in the tears.

    By Mila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mila, your story has changed so much from the beginning. I have to say that the last time I heard your story I was a little teary eyed too. You've made some nice changes and your mom will be surprised the next time she reads it. I think it is a nice tribute to your dog. Mrs. Edgerton

      Delete
  2. we are doing preety good on witing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right we are doing pretty good on the writing, Who is this? Mrs. Edgerton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tt was very yummy .I think all of us loved it not just for the food ,but for the help and the writing.

      Delete